Wow Series 5
Good morning Friend.
How are you doing today? I trust you had a great weekend. It is with great excitement that I get acquainted with my qwerty pad this sunny Saturday. We have been on a beautiful trail for some weeks now as we’ve been seeing different angles to this amazingly glorious concept of God’s kind of Wisdom. Today we will see another side on the many sided spectrum of God’s kind of Wisdom and I pray that your heart opens up to a divine perspective.
There is a dimension of Wisdom I want us to interact with today. In our present world, many people think that Wisdom is intellectual. They believe you’re wise when you have a way around quotable quotes, when you invent something revolutionary like Einstein, Newton or Edition, or perhaps when you speak with so much euphony that even the ears of the deaf tingles. Yes, if you have and operate in the God’s Wisdom, it will manifest in your words and expressions. However, the fundamental nature of God’s Wisdom is not Intellectual, but Relational. The reason is because to God, relationships are His most valuable possession. To prove that He loves us, He gave us a relationship He held so dearly; His only begotten Son. Therefore, any expression of Wisdom that jettisons the value for relationships is definitely a form of Wisdom apart from God.
Let us briefly check out the 7 attributes of God’s Kind of Wisdom as highlighted in James 3:17;
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
1. PURE: It says the type of Wisdom that comes from God is primarily PURE. Purity is a state of absence from impurities. Impurities of competition, bitterness, jealousy, revenge and envy. That is why verse 16 says that where envy and strife is, there is confusion (absence of Wisdom and direction) and every evil work. Any form of wisdom with such impurities cannot be termed pure. God’s kind of Wisdom exhibits Love, it is selfless and seeks the good of others.
2. PEACABLE: Any one with God’s kind of Wisdom will be able to maintain valuable relationships for a long time. It is Wisdom that helps keep relationships. Marriages built on God’s wisdom will experience peace. Marriages don’t have to have issues at all, we have no precedents in scriptures except we look away from the Word. Inspire of human imperfections, if two individuals pursue God’s wisdom in their relationship, they will experience peace. We must seek peace and Holiness without which people will never acknowledge God in our lives. So a man of Wisdom knows how to quench anger with words, He doesn’t incite men or provoke strife. Hebrews 12:14, Proverbs 15:1
3. GENTLE: Oh the beauty of God’s Wisdom! It is gentle. When you find a verbose and rash man who has no control over his words and deeds, you just found an unwise man. Moses was this crude while He was still in Egypt until the Lord led him to the wilderness to learn obedience. He eventually turned out to be the meekest man on the earth. Even a quiet fool is regarded to be wise, at least for the moment. The wisdom we operate by must be gentle and not boisterous or forceful. That type that Jesus exhibited at the well of Sychar. It leaves your conviction to evidence and not arguments.
4. EASY TO BE ENTREATED: When you see a man who can’t be easily persuaded out of anger. You just found an unwise man. Anger lies in the bossom of fools. When they’re upset, even their Pastor or Father can’t seem to placate them. They destroy things in the heat of their anger which they eventually regret, especially valuable relationships. A wise man easily forgives. The fervent heat of God’s love in his heart melts away every cold offence or anger.
5. FULL OF MERCY AND GOOD FRUITS: Quite similar to the previous but different in the sense that, even without anger or provocation, a wise man seeks avenues to express his mercy. He gives people the good they don’t deserve and lives life understanding that He is a product of God’s Grace and Mercy Himself. He cannot be proud or haughty. He is full of mercy and good fruits. Our words are our most precious seeds, hence fruits! Proverbs 12:14 A wise man knows what to say and seasons it with just enough salt to edifies the hearers.
6. WITHOUT PARTIALITY: Partiality is a form of false weights and measures which to God is an abomination… Proverbs 20:10. A wise man will never openly reveal favouritism. Even if he has favourites, He never allows that stand in his way of judgement and equity. God Himself is no respecter of persons and we should emulate that. God’s Wisdom in you is not partial, but gracious and merciful to everyone. Acts 10:34, Romans 2:11
7. WITHOUT HYPOCRISY: This is so powerful! The Wisdom from above is successful at synchronising and integrating (where the word integrity is derived) its outward behaviour with its inward reality. Wisdom is not interested in impressing people just for the sake of popularity, what Wisdom will not do in your absence, it won’t do in your presence. Wisdom has no grey area, no shadow or covered parts. A man of Wisdom lives a life that others can visibly see and emulate. Paul boldly said to his followers to follow his lifestyle and work ethic. His attitude to ministry was his attitude to work and to everything he did. He had no hidden aspect of his life whatsoever. Acts 20:34-35
Everything about this type of Wisdom has something to do with others. It’s not selfish or ambitious, it’s purposeful. It ministers to those who come in contact with it.
Judge your Wisdom against the backdrop of this woven tapestry of qualities and see how well you’re faring. Wisdom isn’t Intellectual but Relational. The quality of your relationship with others will significantly increase when you apply these timeless truths into your life. I love you!
Have a super abundantly blessed week ahead!