Good morning Divine Perspective Readers. Happy New Year to You as well. How did the New Year celebration go? I’m sure it was fun. There was no post on Friday and I hope you missed it? Hehe. Not to worry, we’re back now and by God’s Grace… better. Thank you so much for last year, I believe we’re in for God’s best this year. God spoke to my heart, and said that this year would be for me the year where there will be an unusual expression of the hidden wisdom of God. I know that doesn’t sound like a typical new year theme, hehe but for me and those who follow Divine Perspective, it’s the guiding word for the year. There is a hidden wisdom that God had ordained before the world began, and He ordained it for our use and purpose.
1 Cor 2:6 (KJV) Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought : 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
There is an unusual wisdom God wants His children to walk in this new year, and that wisdom would be such that the world can not relate with it. It would be by the Holy Ghost. The life of Daniel will be a good example to watch closely. He delivered results at the highest level in a very worldly and ungodly environment, by taking advantage of the wisdom of God. The wisdom of God knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING at ALL TIMES. We must learn to take advantage of this supernatural help provided by the Holy Spirit. Daniel faced a very herculean task of discovering the king’s dream and then interpreting the dream within a stipulated deadline. Daniel knew he was not without the help of God and he indeed delivered the result, even to the amazement of King Nebuchadnezzar. We are at a bigger advantage than Daniel was in his day, because we have the Holy Ghost resident within us. Here’s what the astrologers told the king when they were asked to find out the dream and interpretation.
Dan 2:10 (KJV) The Chaldeans answered before the king, and said, There is not a man upon the earth that can shew the king’s matter: therefore there is no king, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any magician, or astrologer, or Chaldean. 11 And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the king, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.
The Chaldeans, astrologers and magicians of this world CANNOT produce some results. There is a big limit to their influence and power, but for those who have God resident within them, these results ought to be common place among us. These astrologers acknowledged that only God could produce such a result, but were wrong in that they thought God did not dwell with flesh. Daniel and his colleagues were the “aliens” in Babylon who had God dwelling with them. We have God dwelling IN us in the new testament, and not just with us and we should be producing better results after the order of God.
Dan 2:20-22 (KJV) 20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
There is nothing hidden from God, He sees all things and knows all things. Whether you’re a student, an entrepreneur, a politician or anything you could possibly be, you can know secret things about your work and excel thereby.
This new year, we should endeavour to commit to these basic things;
1. Study The Word: Nothing can possibly replace the place of studying God’s Word. It brings the thought pattern of God to bear in your life. Your will, emotions and decisions will be conditioned by the Word of God. Studying involves everything! It involves reading and meditating which produces understanding. Until your reading becomes understanding you haven’t studied. 2 Tim 2:15.
2. Pray In The Spirit: This is the key to the hidden wisdom we talked about earlier. You connect your receiver to God’s radar when you pray in the spirit, and you reduce your margin for errors, mistakes and bad decisions to the barest minimum. Rather than engage in unproductive chatter and conversations, deploy your mouth in its core purpose; Praying in the spirit. You definitely will see the improvement in the quality of your decisions.
3. Fast Often: Fasting doesn’t change or move God, but it does move us to position, in order to receive from God. Fasting bridles our flesh and puts our spirit in command, and when the spirit is in charge, great things happen. I’m yet to see a man who fasts often and lose his temper, or the control of his hormones. The effect of fasting trickles down to every area of our lives asides the obvious spiritual good. Fasting is VERY beneficial.
4. Decide and Plan To Give: Notice I didn’t just say Give, I said Decide, and then Plan to give. Giving is the ONLY way to overcome greed and selfishness. Someone might say No, serving is another way, loving is another way… Yeah, you’re right, but I’m yet to see how one can serve and love without giving, it doesn’t always have to be money, but it often needs to be money. It is the ONLY way to overcome selfishness. Praying will not help overcome it, what praying will do is to lead you to give… hehe. Give to God in your tithes and offerings, give to your parents regularly no matter how small, give to your spiritual instructors especially your pastor, give to the poor, give to your spouse and loved ones.
5. Remain Thankful: Never allow any circumstance steal your Praise this year. Your joy is your strength, your praise is your stronghold. Don’t weaken your stronghold with offense, sadness or discontentment. Keep a constant internal atmosphere and watch God do the impossible in your life.
Let me say this at this point, that it’s a new year doesn’t mean it’s a new season. God is not limited by calendar to create seasons for His sons and daughters. Beyond the fact that it’s a new year, let’s remain sensitive to God and His leading. Notice that the things I said we should take seriously are nothing new or “deep”, they are very basic and foundational things that keep us grounded in the faith. Stay simple and enjoy God’s amazing Grace this year. Have a remarkable year ahead. I love you biiiig! 🙂